Saturday, December 19, 2009

Perutusan Awal Tahun Sesi Persekolahan Tahun 2010

I was planning to copy and paste the whole speech here, but I guess it would be too evident that I'm a lazy bum. But I can't really write a formal entry about my view on the content of the Perutusan, can I? Well, I don't really have other things to do at the moment; so why not try.
*read it for awhile*

HOkayhh..
These are some of the points that I understood from the Perutusan:
  • To produce excellent individuals is no easy business; of course as we all know it. It is a continuous effort from every party that are related to the schooling system. And that means (in my opinion) the effort should come from EVERY one in the nation. No exception.
  • Teachers, in particular, have a specialty: the knowledge (we hope we possess) in order to touch the soul of every student while communicating with them in class or outside. I personally like this point because it reminds us about our ability to touch so many souls in our teaching profession. *which is a bit scary too, mind you. What if we screw it up?*
  • We as teachers (hopefully soon) should also have the knowledge that enable us to identify or recognize the potentials in all of our students and use this knowledge to help them to be better in what ever they are good at. It doesn't matter how small that thing is; as long as it's positive. Then we might help them to excel.
  • It also mentioned about the four focuses that the MOE highlighted (which I know little of):
  1. Perluasan Prasekolah,
  2. Literasi dan Numerasi (Linus),
  3. Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi, and
  4. New deals for principals.
  • And also; the point about life-long education that should be emphasize again because, come on... we witness the down sides of exam-oriented system, right? Furthermore, it also mentioned that teachers should be responsible in shaping students positive thinking. Which means that we teachers should first practice positive thinking... (I should work on that one).
  • And finally the re-emphasizing of sports. What's an active brain without an active body right! ;)
Tsk. That's my limit. I'm off searching for other stuffs to distract myself from the nervousness; thinking about penempatan and my whereabouts for the next few years.

To read the full Perutusan please click on the image below or just go straight to the moe site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ishhh... ingatkan surat posting ke ape ke... hahaha

waz said...

ala...but i oredi put d title clearly..huhu sorry for the surprise. but hey, its fun kan for a bit..