Monday, January 4, 2010

A few sites to share

Assalamualaikum and Hai.

I’m not sure whether it’s the vibe of school starting or it’s the 4 glasses of coffee that’s keeping me up. I’m not starting my teaching career tomorrow; no, not as my Primary-Teacher-friends are. Good luck, people. But I am vomiting butterflies too, I wonder why…

So, I decided to skip around the net and share things here.

First, as I have shared on the FB group; here’s a cool site about pretty pointless but FUN facts that can be manipulated somehow (I trust your {teachers’} creativity on this). The point of sharing is the site looks fun and it’s about learning.


/Click on image/


Next is maybe an already-familiar site to most of us: The Project Gutenberg.
Project Gutenberg is a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks."—Wikipedia.
It’s a nice site with 30000 ebooks (mostly English) that you can download for your students or for yourself.


/Click on image/


Lastly for this morning is a nice Lesson plan site. There are lots of lesson plans available here according to subjects. I tried it for Language Arts (since I am an English teacher; well not yet, technically. Enough of the placement problems, Waz).

/Click on image/


The lesson plans are divided according to students’ grades.



And I browsed through the lesson plans and they’re great. Even if they don’t meet your [students’] specific needs, you can (as always) adapt/adopt the lesson plans to suit your own students. The least it can do is to give you rough ideas. Overall the site’s pretty awesome. Try it out!

It also has a part where teachers share inspirational stories.

Okay. That's all for now. Will share more later.

Again, all the best to everyone starting school today! :D

SMTM

No comments: